How to create in game character dialouge?

Hi there.

I want to create a system that has a character box slide onto the screen and has text inside it for the palyer to read. Its seen in a lot of games to make characters appear is if they are speaking. I am particually looking for something similar to Banjo-kazooie where 2 characters appear to speak to each other. I want to use as a way for one character to offer hints and advice/tutorials, and have the other character respond to give them a some life.

Ive looked everywhere for this but every tutorial I have found just doesnt work for me

Do you want a text mesh? If so just create a mesh with text in it and make it lerp to a vector 3 based on the players camera, and you also might want to get rid of its collision. Or you could print text to the command line (It appears as text in game)

Im not really sure which approach i should take. Idealy, i would like to display the characters textbox on the screen and be able to easily edit the text without having to make a seperate blueprint for each line of dialogue.

This is what im after:

Sorry if i am unclear with what im asking, theres so many options in unreal and Im getting confused between them all.

I suggest adding a UI or widget for that, it seems it would be easier that way, but I am not an expert with this.

Thanks alot. I was able to set Up a widget, bind the text to a variable and set that variable through the level blueprint.