How to create an aiming system where the bullet actually comes out of the gun? Third Person Shooter

The attached image below is a canvas because it wouldn’t let me, a new user, post multiple images.

I would like to create something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4OrPJLNhnQ
(maybe except the character leaning to look for ways of shooting at the target because that’s needless complexity I don’t want to deal with just yet)

I immediately thought of tracing a line from the camera, getting the hitpoint of what the character is aiming at (that’s easy enough) and then pointing the gun’s forward vector at that hitpoint using aim offset. The problem is I can not figure out what nodes could be used for that (images 1). I do know how to make the character point in general direction of what the camera is aiming (image 2) but making them look at the hitpoint is a different story.

I’ve tried using the seemingly very convenient node “LookAt AimOffset” but couldn’t get it to work and there’s no documentation on it or even videos from what I’ve seen (image 3). If someone could explain it to me that would be great.

Appreciate all the help.