How to create a music orientaded game

Hello, I have an idea that I would like to work on. I’ve managed to create many ideas in Unreal, but this is something else. I would like to create a 3d background, that creates shapes and lines based on a music beat.

Do you think that is possible in Unreal Engine ? If so, I would really be glad if you could help me out in some way.

I hope you undrestood my question, you can ask me what ever you want if you didn’t.

Thank you.

There are may ways to go with that idea, first kit is totally doable in UE4 :smiley: You have to ways to create shapes: you can create the actual geometry procedurally or you can use basic base meshes that represent your base shapes and then spawn them using instance static meshes using your algorithms. I would start trying with the static meshes because it is a bit easier. Using procedural geometry adds an additional step of work: creating the actual geometry. Using the instance static meshes will also let you spawn thousands of them.

Are you looking for something like this?
https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/marketplace/1617567-rhythm-game-plugin