How to create a folder in the Vault

We have purchased a lot of marketplace content maybe 600 or more.
Its a pain to sift through them, wasting a lot of time.

I would really really like to be able to create a custom folder or at least have them categorized by the purchase category such as sound, fx, animation, props etc

Any tips or help would be awesome!!!

Hi rasamaya,

There is no way currently to hide vault content. There is currently a feature request to make the vault more flexible however there is no timeline for this yet.

The only method of limiting the vaults content currently is to only download the content which you wish to use, then remove all of the other content and then choose sign in later. This will cause the launcher to only show you the local content stored on your machine.

please, can we see current stage of request?

Unfortunately there was no time to work on this feature and thus it was eventually closed.

Hopefully the team will have time to overhaul the unreal engine experience sometime in the future.

This is frequently mentioned online and in person, could we see the issue reopened ? Because its still just as valid as it used to be. I have dozens and dozens of vault assets and its getting more and more difficult to use them, I’m rapidly reaching a point where the vault management is becoming not just a “not good & not bad” to an “actually bad enough it hurts the usability of the entire Unreal Engine package” … at a certain point it seems to have even started to affect the performance of scrolling the vault page… so you might want to prioritize this a bit more.

As you keep giving away free content, this is going to become a major issue for new people gathering ~6 new items a month. By the end of a normal year they could have 72 items without buying anything! Then add the dozens of paragon assets, and buy a few items they want, and its easily past a hundred within a year, and then it keeps growing… a huge flat alphabetical list of over 100 items with zero information besides the title and a thumbnail. Not good enough!

The ‘Vault’ is online, probably requesting data from an account DB. From the online Vault, the packs are downloaded to the Launcher Library Vault.

One suggestion is for Epic to open source this library code, let the community develop the feature, then Epic can review and approve the final result.

Although it would be preferable if the folders (directories) could match for both the online vault and the launcher vault.

Obviously, it is complicated.

And the alphabetization of the names is horrible.I have nine “Advanced” packs

• Advanced Cel Shader Lite
  • Advanced Circle Inventory
  • Advanced Glass Material
  • Advanced Lock-On
  • Advanced Locomotion
  • Advanced Magic FX
  • Advanced Road Materials
  • Advanced Social System
  • Advanced Village Pack

None of which have any relation to each other, beyond containing the name-token “Advanced”.

Thankfully there is a search bar.

Totally agree. been spending the last 3 years making assets to make a decent game…only to find out the valt has killed my progress. as epic only get paid when i do this needs to be a priority its surely easy enough to allow the user to add a folder just the same as they would on a desktop or like in the engine its self. its not like there’s a lack of talent maybe it’s just beneath you all ??? Everyone keeps begging for this …pritty please

Was there ever a solution in the works for this? Also, is the a way to add your own custom assets to the vault from 3rd party sites? I have a lot of things from CGTrader, Gumroad and Sketchfab that would be so much easier to use, if I could add them to the vault.