How to create a cone blocking volume with hollow in a ball game?

I m trying to create a cone blocking volume around the cone brush. I can do it when I use a cylinder blocker but I need a cone blocking volume to prevent ball to fall down from the platform. When I create it and enable hollow, it is still closing the bottom of the cone then the whole area inside the cone is blocked. Because of this, the player couldn’t start the game, it gives a “bad size” warning. How to solve this problem?

is this waht you need?

Do you need more help?

If not, can mark this as resolved?

Actually, Subtraction doesn’t solve my problem. I need a hollow cone blocking volume. The player will play with the ball and won’t fall down from the platform. I didn’t get it your answer, how it works?

What you are saying is that you need some type of collision to keep the balls inside the cone?

The best solution is to make walls with collision around the cone, so nothing can out, and If you don’t want to have the walls visible, then add a material and set opacity to 0%

Yes, exactly. When I use a cone blocking volume with hollow, the Player couldn’t start because of collision.

I may not be understanding your situation completely here, but ill take a quick shot - from what i’m gathering, it sounds like you are needing two different objects to have diverse colliding behavior in regard to a single static object.

The immediate suggestion that comes to mind = Collision Profile’s.
Is this something you have already attempted? If so, would a custom profile make sense?

Otherwise, the only other method that might be of help is to model a new mesh (or mesh’s if it concaves or makes sense to have more than one collision mesh) and create the collision using either UE4’s auto-gen or within your 3d program. Below are the steps to do this if needed and just for reference I will discuss this as the ‘SecondaryMesh’.

→ Import the newly created SecondaryMesh into the engine

→ In the content browser, open the model you want to apply the custom collision to (lets call this ‘PrimaryMesh’)

→ Head back into the content browser screen and open the SecondayMesh

→ I think this will only work with simple collisions, so make sure you can see a green collision poly for your mesh. This is in fact what will be copied over and not an outline or anything in regard to the mesh itself. If needed, modify the collision with the available UE4 tools via ‘collision’ menu at the top.

→ After you are happy with the collision that will ultimately be copied, re-confirm that this mesh is still in fact selected in the content browser, then proceed back to the PrimaryMesh screen

→ Using the ‘Collision’ menu again, you should now see an option at the bottom labelled ‘Copy collision from a static mesh’.

There is a good chance you may not see anything happen - make sure to re-enable the ‘Simple Collision’ view checkbox and this should reactivate the collision objects. If you still do not see it, go into the Wireframe mode and make sure the collision isn’t hiding inside the PrimaryMesh in case there is a size difference. You can adjust the scale and rotation if needed.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks, I will try it