Download

How to correctly change the name of a project

Hello, Ive been working on a project for a while now and getting ready to export it and try and shear with a few friends. however i have changed the name of my game a few times during developing. I have managed to change the project name. but when i export the game it still uses the old name. and when opening the game with steamVR it says elfbow win64 shipping… elfbow is the old name and i guess the win64 is from my export settings

its a blueprint and c++ project

How do i change the name properly?

I have tried creating a new project using the correct name and moving all blueprints and c++ over. changed the .h files from old api to new now but now the blueprints that has a c++ parent is now without parent!

maybe there is no way to do this, but to start all over?

Have you tried one of these?

Yes, my issue doing the c++ part is that now all blueprints that is a child of a c++ class is now without a parent and if i try to open it the project crashes NoParent.png

The only part i didnt follow was Step 18

since my gamemode is with a blueprint

I just followed those steps and all worked perfectly.

As for step 18, you just don’t need to change the GlobalDefaultGameMode line, but you still have to change the other lines, like ActiveGameNameRedirects and others.
Note however, that in this case, unlike step 8, you only change the exact names. For example (oldname = FPCPP):



[/Script/Engine.Engine]
+ActiveGameNameRedirects=(OldGameName="TP_FirstPerson",NewGameName="/Script/**OLDNAME**")
+ActiveGameNameRedirects=(OldGameName="/Script/TP_FirstPerson",NewGameName="/Script/**OLDNAME**")
+ActiveClassRedirects=(OldClassName="TP_FirstPersonProjectile",NewClassName="FPCPPProjectile")
+ActiveClassRedirects=(OldClassName="TP_FirstPersonHUD",NewClassName="FPCPPHUD")
+ActiveClassRedirects=(OldClassName="TP_FirstPersonGameMode",NewClassName="FPCPPGameMode")
+ActiveClassRedirects=(OldClassName="TP_FirstPersonCharacter",NewClassName="FPCPPCharacter")


To:



[/Script/Engine.Engine]
+ActiveGameNameRedirects=(OldGameName="TP_FirstPerson",NewGameName="/Script/**NEWNAME**")
+ActiveGameNameRedirects=(OldGameName="/Script/TP_FirstPerson",NewGameName="/Script/**NEWNAME**")
+ActiveClassRedirects=(OldClassName="TP_FirstPersonProjectile",NewClassName="FPCPPProjectile")
+ActiveClassRedirects=(OldClassName="TP_FirstPersonHUD",NewClassName="FPCPPHUD")
+ActiveClassRedirects=(OldClassName="TP_FirstPersonGameMode",NewClassName="FPCPPGameMode")
+ActiveClassRedirects=(OldClassName="TP_FirstPersonCharacter",NewClassName="FPCPPCharacter")
**+ActiveGameNameRedirects=(OldGameName="/Script/OLDNAME", NewGameName="/Script/NEWNAME")**


You must have commited a mistake somewhere.

Hmm. I will give it a try again and see what happens. now at least i know its supposed to work still. thanks

Worked this time. must have been a misspelling somewhere. I’m pretty certain that i’ve changed the same files. this time however i copy pasted the new name in

Thanks for the help @EvilCleric