How to convert a .uasset file to .fbx ?

Hey all
I am looking for a method/way to convert a .uasset file to .fbx. I created the blueprint in unreal engine and now want to use the blueprint file in another application but it only supports .fbx. SO how can i do this ? any help is appreciated…

You mean blueprint code? You can only use it in UE.

1 Like

I mean the blueprint .uasset file. So no means to convert to fbx ?

It’s still a blueprint. Other applications won’t understand it.

FBX is for models, like static mesh.

My blueprint asset is basically a static mesh and a procedural mesh…is any way ?

The original static mesh, you can export as FBX. But the procedural mesh, you might be able to convert it to a static mesh using the tools in the level menus, then FBX. Otherwise not…

1 Like

Thanks for the comment…Did you ever worked with/know about the CARLA driving simulator ? My main aim is to import it to the CARLA, which is build around the Unreal engine.

1 Like

Never worked with it… :slight_smile:

Yup…Thanks for the feedback. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@ClockworkOcean Any way to make the .uasset as a standalone package in unreal engine ?
As per the CARLA documentation:

Once assets are imported into Unreal, users can generate a standalone package for them. This will be used to distribute the content to CARLA packages such as 0.9.8.

do you have any idea whther i can create a package in unreal engine with .uasset file ?

It can’t possibly work, because the procedural mesh depends on code which is not in the CARLA version of the engine. Unless CARLA is using 5.

@ClockworkOcean But i made the asset with the same version of unreal engine which carla is using which is 4.26

I don’t really know, but I’d say moving meshes it pretty easy, but procedural mesh, not…

@ClockworkOcean So i guess i need to code the blueprint in c++ and compile it to use in carla. what’s your take ?

Sorry, I don’t know about CARLA :joy:

Heh heh…seems too much complicated and nobody is working in CARLA…any way here is the link How to add a new sensor - CARLA Simulator . You can check and give me your feedback if you need a new challenge. :joy: :joy: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: