How to control player's camera in Level Sequence?

Hello everybody.
At certain times in my game I would like to animate my Third Person Character’s camera.
But when I add the ‘‘Follow Camera or Camera Boom’’ in the level sequence and animate, the animation doesn’t appear during the game.

In this specific case I wanted to open a door, and change the camera so that it follows the character correctly during the animation, and at the end it is in a good position (and not inside the walls).

I searched all over the internet looking for it but I didn’t find anything.
I didn’t want to switch cameras, but use the player’s own camera in the level sequence.
Any idea?

Maybe the camera is animating but the animation gets overridden by the player controls setting the camera rotation as they normally do. Does the animation work if you turn off the player’s input during the sequence?

You need to animate a separate camera. You can’t animate the default player camera.

I’m assuming you have to blend to a camera that you can move in the level, and then blend back to the player’s camera.

Even if you disable input on the player, the camera is bound to the spring arm and other requirements in the player blueprint.

Even though I use ‘‘Disable Input’’ the camera doesn’t animate in Level Sequence.

So in that case it would be impossible to create a smooth animation?
Example I open the door, and the camera moves correctly without going through or hitting walls?
The problem I have is that if I use a separate camera, after the end of the level sequence animation the view returns to the player’s camera which can be in a totally unfavorable position.
I wanted that after the end of the level sequence, the position of the player’s camera was the same as it was in the level sequence camera.

The closest I got was using ‘‘Camera Animation’’.
Animating a camera year level sequence and exporting the result as an animation.
Then I put this animation on my camera and it’s animated.
But the position is completely different.
Maybe it’s because in addition to the camera being inside the player, it is also inside a ‘‘CameraBoom’’.
And then I go back to stake 0.

I think ‘‘Camera Anim’’ is the best alternative, but if I animate a camera in Level sequence, and use ‘‘Export to Camera Anim’’, even if I Ctrl+w on the same camera, the animation is different.
It is the same camera, in the same position but when I use the created animation, it is in a different position.
Does anyone know why this happens?

Using two cameras, how would I make the player’s camera receive the camera position from the level sequence at the end of the animation?

I don’t know particularly why that happens, but I do know you’re going to have a hard time blending back to the player camera.

Mainly because the character can be in any position, and you don’t have any control over it.

One possibility, it to destroy the player when you do the camera sequence, and re-spawn them with the camera in the exact position you need when it ends.

I found a solution!
It’s not quite the way I expected it, but it served me well.

What I did was create a camera and animate it (This camera is on the level and not inside the character).
When I start the sequence I use ‘‘Set View Target With Blend’’ to switch the camera to animated.

At the end of playback I reset the player’s camera position, and use Set view again, to smoothly return the player’s camera.

How I reset the player’s camera:
Create an Arrow on your character, and get ‘‘Get world rotation’’ information.

Use ‘‘Set control Rotation’’ in Player Controller to copy Arrow’s rotation to the character’s camera.

3 Likes

What about 1st person where I want to play animations for the player’s arms that are attached to the player camera?