How to compile UE5 ArchViz for Mobile wihout apk ( if possible to run in WhatsApp)

Dear All,

I’d like to know whether we are limited only to apk files when it comes to package our project to be executable in mobile platforms?

I’m looking more to a light-weight way of running the game and letting the people to interact with it in WhatsApp application. It’d be extremely helpful and efficient, say that it is a simple ArchViz schene with couple of rooms only.

Loading apk on their mobiles may sound intimidating to people at first glance if they really don’t know you. So I’m looking more safe and more agile way of doing it.

I’m not someone who knows much about exporting package and all (In fact I’m trying to learn how to export a apk as archviz) but I feel like the easiest way would be to set it up online as a interactive site where you send them link and it opens up in their browser
Like Audi and other automotive companies did with their real time car configurator, I checked and Audi offers browser experience on their RS 5 sportback model which works in mobile browser as well
Putting game controls and whole scene on it might be a lot more complex but this is just a possibility
Another way would be to create a experience like google Maps, like if you open a well known place then there’ll be arrows to show if you want to see that part which you can see in 360, while this options seems slightly easy it takes away your control to move freely
I hope it helps :grin:
[also if you can guide to a link to help me towards exporting apk if possible]

Hello :blush:, Unfortunately, it is not possible to run a UE5 (Unreal Engine 5) ArchViz project directly in WhatsApp as a standalone application or as part of a chat message. WhatsApp does not support running complex 3D applications like those built with Unreal Engine.

However, you can create a mobile ArchViz project in UE5 and then export it as an APK for Android devices or an IPA for iOS devices. To share your ArchViz project with others, you can upload it to an app store or distribute it using another method, like hosting the APK or IPA on your website.

If you still want to showcase your ArchViz project within WhatsApp, you could consider creating a video or a series of images demonstrating your project and then sharing those through WhatsApp. This method, however, will not provide the interactive experience you would get with a fully compiled application.

Another alternative to consider is to create a Web-based version of your ArchViz project using a technology like WebGL. This will allow users to view and interact with your project in a web browser on their mobile devices. You can then share the link to the web-based project through WhatsApp. However, this method may require rebuilding your project using a different game engine, like Unity, which has more robust support for WebGL.

To run natively in WhatsApp - no

You could use pixel streaming to provide a web link they can click on in WhatsApp which would direct their browser to your application, but it isn’t cheap

To compile UE5 ArchViz for Mobile without an APK, you can create a web-based version using WebGL. This allows users to access your project on mobile devices through a web browser. To do this, export your project as a WebGL project from Unreal Engine, and then share the index.html file’s URL through WhatsApp for others to view.

Keep in mind that the web-based version may lack some features compared to the native APK version but serves as a lightweight method to share your ArchViz project on mobile devices.

If you’re looking for a lightweight way to run a game and allow people to interact with it within the WhatsApp application, using an APK or IPA file may not be the most suitable approach. These file formats are typically used for standalone installations.

To achieve a more lightweight and agile solution, you could consider developing a web-based game or interactive experience. By creating a web application, you can host the game on a server and provide a link or URL that users can access directly within the WhatsApp application.

With a web-based approach, users can interact with the game without the need to download and install any files. This can be more convenient and less intimidating for users who may be hesitant to install unfamiliar applications on their devices.

For a simple ArchViz scene with a few rooms, a web-based solution can be an efficient way to share and engage with your project. Users can access the experience by simply clicking on a link or URL, eliminating the need for APK or IPA files.

Remember to optimize your web-based game for mobile devices to ensure a smooth and responsive experience.

looking more to a light-weight way of running the game and letting the people to interact application. It’d be extremely helpful and efficient, say that it is a simple ArchViz schene with couple of rooms only.

1 Like