How to collect playtesting data: Where to start?

Hey guys,
I’m currently working on the foundation of a game prototype. In perspective, there should be an extended playtesting phase, which should also take place remotely.

My goal is:
During a remote session of the playtesters I receive data, which I can read out and evaluate (connection only in one direction). There should be no extra effort for the tester to send me this data.

My question:
Where do I start? I have read several articles about Dedicated Server, Listen Server, HTTP-Connections and Mail-Plugins. I have no experience with network and C++ programming. For example, with the dedicated server approach, I feel that it is overkill for what I have in mind. But I am also willing to take the challenge and work my way into complex topics.

In this post, I’m not so much looking for an exact guide, but more of an initial approach. Do you guys have any experience with collecting playtesting data? Do you know of any tutorials or resources that could help me get started on this topic (specifically on networking and server connectivity)?

Thanks in advance

There is a GameAnalytics plugin which is straightforward to use: GameAnalytics in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace
Also they have “free” accounts.

Another solution is to do it by yourself, in theory it’s just registering data and sending them on a remote server you own:

* Generate an ID  for your player
* Record some playtest data
* From time to time, send a bunch of these data into your server (for instance using a REST API).
* At the program close, send the rest of your data

Hey @Fulezi,
thank you very much for answering my question, even though it’s been a while since I posted it.
I will definitely take a look into this plugin and your description of the DIY approach gave me some direction on where to start looking.