How to close all instances of unreal engine before uninstalling?

How do I close all instances of unreal engine before uninstalling? I tried to uninstall UE 5.0.3 and I got a message saying “please close all instances of Unreal Engine before uninstalling.” I don’t know how to do this, and I’m unable to uninstall until it is done. Any guidance?

Go into task manager and search for processes called “unrealengine” and end these tasks.

If this doesn’t work you can restart your pc and try to uninstall unreal after it boots up.

I have a Mac tho

Hey @Xx_PCG_xX! Welcome to the Forums!

The equivalent to the task manager on Mac is the Activity Monitor. You can get to your Launchpad and type Activity Monitor in the search field and it should pop up.

Here is a non-Epic affiliated link (Apple Support) on how to quit apps and processes using the activity monitor:

I hope the above provides the solution you need!

Hello, I have the same issue and I’m also on mac, I dont have any instances of Unreal open, and I don;t know how to access processes. This is what my Activity Monitor looks like. Thanks!

I found Crash Report or similar in the Activity Monitor with unreal icon and after closing those was managed to uninstall a game engine from the Epic Games Launcher.

On MacOS Ventura i open Activity Monitor and in search field type epic and force close all processes like EpicWebHelper (five for my case), after that all was fine.