How to check Persistent Level is Loaded

I’m trying to use Level Streaming to switch maps after OpenLevel in order to get multiple Gamemodes working.
However, Level Streaming requires that the Persistent Level has been completely loaded, and Level Streaming will fail if run in not loaded.
To address this problem I’m currently inserting a very short Delay, but this is not a good solution.
Therefore I would like to know how to check if the Persistent Level has been completely loaded.

1 Like

So you’re using ‘open level’ to open the persistent? Are the stream levels not ready immediately after that?

Yes, I use the Open Level for Persistent.
Level Streaming wasn’t working properly, so I investigated the cause and found that I needed to insert a Delay after Open Level.
Level Streaming was done right after Open Level, so I guessed it was because Persistent wasn’t ready.

1 Like

I think you’re right. I’ve always had the persistent as constantly loaded by default.

But I assume you have a lot of stuff to load, and need more than one persistent?

If you’re going to stream a particular sublevel, you could async load it first ( which you do get a notification from ), and then call your streaming?

I must admit, I don’t know how to go from ‘Object’ to the streaming level ref ( hence the name twice ), but this works for me.

I see, so instead of checking if the Persistent Level is loaded, it tries to load the Sub Levels and see if it succeeds.
This seems like it’s going to work really well.
Thank you for your very helpful answer!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.