How to check child class of a virtual parent class?

Hi, I’m working on a project with vehicles. So, I’m working on WheeledVehicleMovementComponent.cpp class, and I want to check if the owner class of this component is my WheeledVehicleNW class, or maybe the child class of it, witch is my new class WheeledVehicleMovementComponentNW. Just a simple If statement would work, but I couldn’t understand it yet.

As far as I could understand, the classes are organized like this: APawn->WheeledVehicleNW-UWheeledVehicleMovementComponent->UWheeledVehicleMovementComponentNW.

This is how you check if object is related to class

SomeObject->IsA(USomeClass::StaticClass())

At a higher level: Why do you want to make this check?
In C++, and any language with polymorphism, it’s generally a code smell.
Instead, you’ll typically want to use some polymorphic behavior – a virtual function that allows variation in behavior, or some component accessor that returns NULL or a component instance, depending on desired outcome.

The WheeledVehicleMovementoComponent class is the base classes for both classes (the WheeledVehicleMovementComponent4W and my custom WheeledVehicleMovementComponentNW) . I have added a simple boolean inside it, under the Wheel Setup category (next to the wheel class, offset and bone name), but, I just want to show that boolean on UE4 interface if the child (object, component, class … I don’t know witch is right) that I have created is my custom movement component class… or it can check it’s parent, because it is different from the base one (wheeledvehicle)

Can’t understand it, I’m too newbie to get it working …

I’ve managed to get this working like so:

//Check our owner and set preferences
		AActor* ourOwner = UWheeledVehicleMovementComponent::GetOwner();
		if (ourOwner->GetClass()->IsChildOf(AWheeledVehicle::StaticClass())) {
			for (int32 WheelIdx = 0; WheelIdx < WheelSetups.Num(); ++WheelIdx)
			{

WheelSetups[WheelIdx].bUsingDifferential = false;
			}
		}

Now, it sets the boolean to false only, even checking it on the interface. But, is there a way to make it a constant, read-only or maybe even not generate that bool when constructor is called?