How to check a variable for update constantly?

I’m trying to create a “can do things” variable, which should constantly update “can do things” based on stamina. What is the best way to go about this? I was thinking “event tick” and using a branch node to check for stamina and setting the variable true or false from the branch. Will that work correctly?

And if so, it will be easy to use for things that require an input every time (I.e. attacking), but how do I create an action or input action that constantly checks the variable? If I’m blocking, I would add a branch node check on “can do things” and then proceed to enable the block. However, even though “can do things” is being updated constantly, the block input action is not checking constantly to read those updates. How would I make it check every .05 seconds or something? I’ve created a few messy workarounds, but I just feel like I’m missing an obvious solution. Is there some sort of “reset” node that would do this?

Sorry for the noob question, but hey, I am one.

Thanks! Super helpful. I’m excited to try get this working. I’d never heard that about the addiction and multiplication being faster, good to know!

Mcgrill, had trouble understanding Britain’s answer (maybe it is the same as mine), but it would be much more efficient to instead of check for when it changes, just execute something every-time you change it. This eliminates constant checking. Basically after you set the variable, execute the same code you would’ve if “variable has changed” was true in your other idea.

Just implemented this. Works perfectly.