How to change the size of vanilla dino's?

Hey guys I know there’s a number of tutorials dealing with resizing but my question is a bit more specific.

I want to make a mod that allows me to edit the vanilla dino sizes. e.g. All Achatina’s now spawn at a scale of 0.10 of the original. I don’t want to make new dino’s, just override the sizes of vanilla dino’s.

As a tester I started with the Achatina. i copied the mesh and BP (2 files) into the mod folder but didn’t rename them. I changed the scale in the mesh and both scale and capsule scale in BP to 0.10 (3 scale changes total). I cooked, uploaded and tested but no change.
On a youtube clip the guy re-rigs all the animations but someone mentioned in the comments that it isn’t necessary, that it can rely on the vanilla animations to work, which is why I didn’t do any of that.

Also how do you spawn your mod animal in the dev kit play mode? i tried to spawn the BP in my inventory via console but that didn’t work.

i would appreciate any help, even if it’s just a reference to an article that described the process. Thanks