How to change the "Base Damage" in "Apply Damage Node" using variables

Uploading: スクリーンショット (1).png…
When a player takes an item, I want to increase the damage of the bullet of the gun the player is holding.As you can see in the image, ApplyDamage is in the Bullet blueprint. I tried to change the damage by calling a custom event when the item was removed from the item’s blueprint, but failed.
I’m beginner in Unreal Engine and I’m Japanese, so I may not be able to explain it well enough in English, but I need your help.

Hello! Your image didn’t post properly so I can’t be as exact.

You need a Base Damage variable. That base damage variable needs to be plugged in to the “Apply Damage” node of the gun, or the bullet - whatever is applying damage. Then when the player overlaps the pickup, the pickup needs to tell the gun to increase Base Damage. This can be done through casting, which is the easiest to explain and beginner friendly. It can also be done through event dispatchers and blueprint interfaces. The way I showed you isn’t the only way to achieve what you want, and it’s probably not the most optimal, but it should work.

That image is wrong. Sorry about that use this instead Base Damage Help posted by anonymous | blueprintUE | PasteBin For Unreal Engine

I know how to send BP and I send it.

I tried the method you showed me, but it failed with the set of variables.
When I take an item, I want to change the “BaseDamage” using either an event or an event dispatcher or something similar.
We would like to be helped again.