How to change default touch controls

Hey, I’m very new, but I’m learning a lot. I’ve been working on a “stack” game clone. There have been a few bumps along the way, but I’m approaching a stable product. Now the question comes to me, what do I do about the two joysticks for touchscreen controls (I picked mobile when I started the project)? I want to get rid of them, but I can’t seem to find documentation on it. Also, I want to modify the touch control because it acts like two clicks when I touch and release. It’s like there’s action on release that I’d like to disable.

Anyone that could point me in the right direction, thanks so much :slight_smile:

Project settings > Input, scroll to bottom, you will see default joy sticks, clear that tab. As for the other issue, do you have something hooked up to the “on released” event?

Thanks so much. I really appreciate your help. It worked.

The way I set up my interaction was using a widget button. I made it take up the entire screen and made the button transparent. I then made a custom event in reference to the button I made “on pressed”. I can’t find anything “on released”.

Your button is transparent and takes up the whole screen? What kind of action are you getting? Is it the same action as the initial click event?

The action is used to place the tile and spawn the next one. Here’s a picture of gameplay. Is there a better way to take input from the entire screen? You’ve perhaps seen the game I’m attempting to remake; it’s very popular. When I click with a mouse, it works great. It doesn’t do an action on release like the touchscreen does.

Thanks again for taking the time to assist me.

I would need to see screen shots of the “on touch” events. Post pics of how you are spawning tiles.

Here’s my BP. That’s the only thing for which I wrote any “on touch” event. I also attached an image of the game after it’s been played a little bit to give you an example. Also, I know there are other widgets in that screenshot, but I haven’t done anything with them yet.

My issue was related to my laptop touchscreen.