How to blend MetaHuman's facial animation.

Please excuse my poor English.
I am having trouble blending MetaHuman animations and would like to discuss this with you.

Objective: Proper blending of facial expression animation and lip-sync animation.

Expression(Close eye)

LipSync

These two animations were blended as follows.

The results of the blending, which should have been limited to only a few perioral bones, are as follows.

The problem is that the “Layer Blend per bone” setting is ignored and the eyes are also blended.
I tried everything and the BranchFilter setting seemed to have no effect at all.

In short, I wish there was a way to apply the blend only to the mouth area, can someone please teach me how to do that?

Delete CTRL_expression_eye* curves from one animation sequence and all but CTRL_expression_eye* curves from another.

Ah, I see.
So in this case,I am not blending the motion of the bones, but the animation curves.

Thank you. I can think of some possible measures I could take if I understand that premise.
I will try and show the results.

1 Like

hi,i’m facing same problem,the layered blend per bone seems not working when used on metahuman face, though i have already set the branch filters,but it doesn’t work ?have you find the solution?how can i blend two facial animation with a mask?i wish the character could talk with emotions,But the lip sync is a separate animation.please i need your experience!!

Did you find a solution?