How to avoid timeline nodes having to 'finish' when using Blueprint Actor Event Tracks in Sequencer?

So how could I export animations of this type? Is there a way? With any console commands or what not?

The thing that my brain just can’t compute is, how I am able to make it work in the editor - it literally does exactly what it’s supposed to do - but the moment I hit render the functionality breaks. That’s just baffling. Clearly this was built to work with Sequencer, so why omit the ability to turn it into a video file?

Sorry, these are probably questions to the developer team.

I can’t do anything, I just get ‘read only output directory’, for the desktop…

Ah, I can render, if I remove the output directory ( duh? ). I have no idea where it is, and nothing moved…

So, does that mean you can render the animation?

I know almost nothing about this. My seq is 3 seconds, but it’s only rendering 2 secs…

But is it rendering an animation that is driven by CS?

Setting the green and red line in Sequencer should decide what gets rendered.

I’d better bail at this point, don’t know enough, I’m afraid.

Pretty sure you can’t animate from the CS.

I managed to render 5 seconds, but it’s switching cameras and all sorts that don’t make sense.

Thanks for trying anyway. Who should I ask and in which part of the forum?

Because this other gentleman’s question wasn’t answered in four years :smile:

I’d go here

but I don’t know a particular use that can help…

No worries! Thanks so much and enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

1 Like

Hey. Me again.

I understand the problem now.

I’m pretty sure it’s a bug.

Hey! You mean about the CS not rendering out?

I just started a new thread here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/render-out-construction-script-animations/512111

If it is a bug, it must be a pretty persistent one, because I’ve been trying this in every version from 4.26 to 5.0.

It won’t even run the CS for me in play mode, let alone render…

Some parts of the engine are like this, though. I seen blueprint nodes, that when you look at the code, there’s just ‘to do’ comment :slight_smile:

So does rendering require UE to go into play mode? Or can it render the editor?

I would have assumed play would work, but I can’t get either to do it…

Thanks. Do you think I should file a bug report for this?

Yup.

Thanks. Will do :slight_smile: