Render out Construction Script animations

Thanks a lot :slightly_smiling_face: That’s very useful information. Funnily enough I got the same reply asking this question on Youtube:

Still have to try setting this up though. The suggestion in regars to ‘Setters’ seems also very useful.

To slightly disagree with the folks from Epic, the Construction Script animation does show up and works normally in gameplay / simulation mode, as can be seen here:

So one just wonders, why UE is killing this functionality the moment you hit render. Or why it has to go into game/simulation mode to render out via MRQ anyway. But I’m also under no illusions that this is on top of their list.

Just in case this could be useful to you, I found a vaguely elegant workaround using timeline nodes and Event Tracks that wouldn’t work at first, but an amazing forum member helped me fix it.
https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/how-to-avoid-timeline-nodes-having-to-finish-when-using-blueprint-actor-event-tracks-in-sequencer/511864/58

UE is an amazing tool, but coming from ‘standard’ DCCs, it sometimes feels a bit like using it against its intent.

There’s still so much to learn! :smiley:

1 Like