How to automate material instance creation and assigning of textures during import?

Visual DataPreps question
I would like to import a PBR material which contains a color + metallic + roughness + normal map and do this hundreds of times for a variety of static meshes. But I want to create a single master material and then during the import of any new static meshes duplicate that master material as a material instance for each of the 100 or so individual objects I would like to do this based on the name of the object which is straightforward with datapreps. But creating a material instance is not so easy. Can this be done in blueprints perhaps?
Data preps lets me import a gltf from blender and switch a material or static mesh automatically but this does not appear to enable me to be able to create a new material instance for each new static mesh and then assign the textures to it automatically.

Can this be achieved with “visual datapreps” or is there another method to automate this without using C++ or having to manually assign the textures each time?

Running into the exact same problem. The closest I got was using the FBX importer, which can override params of a parent material. But it can only do a handful, and sadly no metal/roughness channel. I don’t have an answer but will be keeping posted just in case someone does.

I really don’t know how pipelines stay efficient if this tool doesn’t exist - using parent materials ensures that the shader isn’t swapped out for every draw call. It’s a little boggling to me.