Download

How to aim offset a pelvis rotation?

Hey guys! I got a character running a movement blendspace and aim offset layered with blend per bone:

It’s fairly simple right now, I’ll be adding more as I add jumps, weapon swap and what not. But I’m trying to solve an aim offset problem right now.

The issue is that when the player is moving, the aim offset doesn’t do anything to offset the rotation. I’ve followed this tutorial for the aim offset and have set my aim offset poses to Mesh Space in Additive Anim Type. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Here’s a video to demonstrate the problem:

You can see when the player is moving forward and back, the gun and head doesn’t offset. Neither when moving left or right.

What I’m trying to achieve is something like this:

Where when the player moves forward, the head and gun offsets to continue matching where the player is aiming at.

Anyone have any idea how to achieve what I’m looking for? I don’t mind uploading my project file if that helps.

Thank you!

Ended up taking the pelvis bone rotation and feeding it into the animgraph as a Transform (Modify) Bone. Works but kind of hacky and not sure if this will scale with more complex models. I’d love to know if anyone has a better way to do this:

Event Graph:

AnimGraph: