How to add sprint/acceleration to swimming?

I know that all of the water creatures use flying physics underwater as they are always in the water. Sarco on the other hand uses swimming physics in the water which makes it to have “absurd” speed as soon as it hits the water.

So what I’m trying to do is to have the Boa a sprint/acceleration underwater. I tried to change the default “submerged water movement mode” to flying and it worked great at the start. Then after using it for a while I noticed that sometimes exiting the water at certain points ie. waterfalls the Boa would simply continue flying even after exiting the water.

Is there really no way to add a sprint function to the swimming physics? Or any idea what I should do in order to remove the “flying on land” bug?

Hey !

I think you should set “submerged water movement mode” at “swimming” and “un submerged movement mode” at “falling” just like the sarco.
I didn’t test it, but i think it could work ! :slight_smile:

No, that’s not what I want. It’s currently like that, but I don’t like it. I don’t want the Boa to go instantly to its full speed in the water. I want it to have a normal slower swim and then “sprint” when pressing the Shift key. Just like the other water animals and on land.

As I said I got the sprint working by setting the mode to flying, but it caused a bug where my Boa would fly even on land if I exit the water from certain rocks and waterfalls.