How to add simple image to level background?

I just need to add simple flat png or jpg background image for level background. No skybox, no scrolling, no lights over image, just simple light unaffected bitmap in the background of 3D objects.
I have been read one: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/672746/view.html,But this method still has some differences from the original image, Is there any other way?

I’d go with sprite. So just 1. Import png 2. Right click > sprite actions > create sprite 3. place the sprite in the world.
Keep in mind that the engine has some default options to make the scene look good and those can alter your images.
For exposure try setting min and max brightness in postprocessvolume to 1 or 1.5, you can also turn off bloom and anti aliasing in project settings but even without turning those off i get good enough results.

2 Likes

Can the UI interface be displayed below the 3D model?

UI is made of widgets and those can be both just on screen and in 3d space so generally you can have it wherever you like.l

Just a heads up to anyone new to using sprites in UE. It requires the 2DPaper Plugin. Then in the content browser select +(add) button and you will see “Sprite”. :v: