How to add path to rsync for remote build iOS

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to package a project using Wwise, and since this is a problem (I believe) with rsync and UE4 I have posted it here in the answer hub instead. I’m getting a missing filepath with this error upon remote building for iOS

“ERROR: Unable to instantiate module ‘AkAudio’: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path …”

The fact that it’s an AkAudio module I believe is fairly agnostic, the problem seems to be the fact that Rsync does not include files with a .a extention, and in the iOS packaging wwise provides for the plug-in it has all the .a extention files included, and those are the files that are missing.

The Wwise FAQ does have a solution that states:

“A: The cause of the error is that some required files are not copied to the remote macOS system when attempting to build an iOS project from a Windows system. To solve this problem, add an RsyncProject.txt file that tells UE4 to copy the required files under the /Build/Rsync/ path. The content of the RsyncProject.txt file should be:”

I can’t seem to find any information that explains how to use Rsync with UE4 that’s up to date. I don’t know where to put this .txt file, or where to point a file path to look for this file when remote building. Any info on this would be appreciated!

I found my solution. That .txt file exists in your C:\Program Files\Epic Games{version}\Engine\Build\Rsync directory. Adding the specified file paths fixed the errors, I still have more missing file dependency errors, but I imagine it’s the same issue I just need to specify a new file path to be added.