How to add K-DOP collisions in blueprints in UE5 ?

Hello there,

I need to re-generate collisions at runtime on a static mesh. Basically, I want to run the
Static Mesh Editor > Collision > Add K-DOP Simplified Collision on a static mesh at runtime, in blueprint (or code).

I looked around and stumbled upon this page :

Unfortunately, it seems that these nodes are unavailable in UE 5.0.3, and the page is just not up to date.

Do you have any pointers on how to approach this ?

Those functions are available in 5.0.3, but they are editor functions – you cannot call them from runtime actor contexts, only from editor contexts.
In general, doing runtime editing of Unreal asset data is not particularly flexible or easy, because a lot of the performance in Unreal comes from baking and pre-processing data. This includes collision structures.
(Their work on “user edited metaverses” will have to eventually solve this problem, but it is pretty deep, so don’t expect miracles.)

Thanks for answering ! :slight_smile:

Ok, so I think it would be this interface, right ?

Do you think there would be a way to adapt it to use this in code or blueprint, like to launch a CreateDOPX command ?
Also, I haven’t found a guide or satisfying doc about FUICommandInfo, have I missed it ?

You can already use those commands from “blueprint,” where the blueprint is an editor utility/widget.
You cannot use those commands at runtime, from actors, because doing so would essentially mean “shipping the unreal editor,” which the licensing doesn’t allow.