How to add DDS to UE4?

Trying tp put DDS into the folders but cant seem to get them to work. How to change DDS for UE4 to use them?

Hey there @CyephireDrase! Welcome to the community! Are you importing them through the content browser? If not, they won’t be recognized if you just moved them inside the file system. It does seem that they are still supported based on documentation:

Hello, not my end they just wasn’t supported and I wasn’t putting them in the folder it self I was dragging them into the UE program under 4.27.2 since I’m using a game that only supports UE4. I had to convert them to .TGA for them to go into the program from drag and drop otherwise wouldn’t allow me to, someone from discord did give a link to allow UE to use DDS files but I had already done the converting. Right now trying to do these textures but because the tutorial only shows the basic and not all features like animal fur or hair it’s been kinda hard to figure out how to use my textures with the nodes.

I can find you resources on handling different material types, though I’d need some specifics. For example, with hair do you want to do full grooms or are you trying to imply fur with normals/displacement? Do you need hair physics? etc.