I’m trying to trigger destructible mesh from a line trace, but having no luck.
First off, I used this “tutorial” in the docs: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Gameplay/HowTo/UseOnHit/Blueprints/index.html
Destructible mesh works like a charm when using the original first person shooter example weapon, but I can’t seem to get it to work with weapons that uses line trace. The line trace hit doesn’t seem to trigger the OnComponentHit-node I’ve set up in the destructible BP (as per step 12 in the above link, then I’ve added another CastTo for my own projectile BP connected to the “cast failed” output from the previous CastTo). But I put a print string right after the OnComponentHit-node, and it doesn’t print anything on line trace hits.
I know there’s a messy workaround: Spawning a collision mesh right at the end of the line trace, but this seems messy. Isn’t there a way to get traceline to trigger the OnComponentHit event?
