How to add assets after packaging game

I have racing car game and I want players to have the ability to add their own cars as assets to the game. Can somebody help me with this??

2 Likes

You’re going to need containers that can handle this information on the fly.

So, for example, you can have an “empty” class that listens for texture, material, and mesh inputs.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! Look, I’ve built my game and I don’t want to build it anytime I want to add a static mesh, so I need to have access to the assets folder from outside of the game. more like a bundle pack of new cars to the game without rebuilding it all the time.
for example I have Lamborghini and a Ferrari and I want to add a Mercedes but I really don’t want to rebuild the game just for a Mercedes.

My pleasure, however, that’s exactly what I said.

You need to create an interface that listens for additional content. Basically in C++ terms, a “CIN”.

You’re not rebuilding anything.

Again, create interfaces that listen for assets from a specific container. When that container is populated, then those interfaces will draw from the new contents.

If this is foreign to you, here’s some reference material:

THANKS A LOT!!
U kinda saved me!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.