How to add a dynamic check box into Expandable Area

Hi - I currently have a checkbox widget that is called from another widget. The check boxes populate within the combo box normally. [hooked up an array of attachment to list the elements dynamically]

Now, I’m trying to do do the same thing but using expandable area instead of a combo box.

1. This is the main widget where I have the ExpandableArea_185 created.

2. Event dispatch call [still within the main widget]

3. CheckBox Widget

Thanks in advance

You wouldn’t add anything to the Expandable Area itself, you’d add widgets to the Vertical Box the body holds.

You’re right. Tried to loop through my array and then Add Child and hooked the target to VerticalBox_3 . But nothing happened.

Could you show that? Normally it’d look something like this:

1 Like

This is part of a function that gives the player the ability to equip a weapon

But you said you want to use Expandable Area, here you’re using a Combo Box.

Yes I need to deprecate this eventually.

probably this work, but I still need to figure out how to hooked it up. Though, I think I have an idea now on how to do it.

Sorry to ping you again, but you seem to have good experience in this area. I switched my method to include my check boxes inside of a expandable area and inside of a vector. Currently my checkboxes are dynamically added, but Im stuck at this step where I need to hook up the name to the ad child VerticalBox. Previously it was easier to hook up the name to the combo box as there was an option.

Add appropriate variables to the widgets you’re creating. Flag them as Instance Editable and Exposed on Spawn. They will then appear as data pins on the create widget node. Pipe the data in.

The widget can set its fields during construction as the data arrives.

You may need to right click the create widget node and Refresh.

seems that what I was missing, but the data aren’t populating yet.

nvm. I forgot to hook the return value. The data appears as intended. But I have a different question now.

When 2 or more checkboxes are selected[checked], do you know of a document I can follow so that when I select give equipment all the checkboxes are passed to the player?

We select a bunch at a time and then press a button to give all?

Get all children of Vertical Box → For Each Loop → Cast to Optic Attachment (widget) → get checkbox → isChecked {true} → Get Player → Cast to player BP

Not sure what Equipment is at this point, an actor or a component I presume. The player can have a function that takes the class the checkbox spits out, spawns the equipment and attaches it as needed, modify stats and so on.

1 Like