How to achieve a packaging method like PUBG?

I would like to ask, how to achieve the packaging method like PUBG? Because I see that each chunkID is divided into multiple category names, which is very detailed. I have studied the Chunk packaging method, but each ID has only one pak, how can this be achieved? I have no clue.
Thanks for your time.

302812-20200526160142.png

Haven’t done this myself but maybe this can point you in the right direction.

That’s chunking. It involves some setup of your assets in an ini file, or in the editor using primory asset tags. You can get a lot of useful information here:

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your answer, I did it with Chunk, but it can only generate one pak per ID,
For example: Chunk0.pak, Chunk1.pak, Chunk2.pak.

But PUBG is similar to this, for example: Chunk0_A.pak, Chunk0_B.pak.
Different names can be distinguished after each same ID, so I am curious how it is generated.

I was researching this thing and found no answers. As a guess, I thought perhaps simply renaming the pak files to whatever I wanted might work… and sure enough, it did.

Here is what my files were initial called after building:

pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor.pak
pakchunk1-WindowsNoEditor.pak

I manually renamed “pakchunk1-WindowsNoEditor.pak” to “pakchunk1001-PlayerPowerupAuxAmmo-WindowsNoEditor.pak” and tried running the game.

Game ran fine, and I verified it automatically loaded the pak file(s) via the logs:

Log file open, 10/24/21 17:40:39
LogPakFile: Display: Found Pak file ../../../Ascentroid/Content/Paks/pakchunk1001-PlayerPowerupAuxAmmo-WindowsNoEditor.pak attempting to mount.
LogPakFile: Display: Mounting pak file ../../../Ascentroid/Content/Paks/pakchunk1001-PlayerPowerupAuxAmmo-WindowsNoEditor.pak.
LogPakFile: PakFile PrimaryIndexSize=206
LogPakFile: PakFile PathHashIndexSize=32
LogPakFile: PakFile FullDirectoryIndexSize=88
LogPakFile: OnPakFileMounted2Time == 0.000006
LogPakFile: Display: Found Pak file ../../../Ascentroid/Content/Paks/pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor.pak attempting to mount.
LogPakFile: Display: Mounting pak file ../../../Ascentroid/Content/Paks/pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor.pak.
LogPakFile: PakFile PrimaryIndexSize=360254
LogPakFile: PakFile PathHashIndexSize=103828
LogPakFile: PakFile FullDirectoryIndexSize=278012
LogPakFile: OnPakFileMounted2Time == 0.000006
LogPlatformFile: Not using cached read wrapper
LogTaskGraph: Started task graph with 4 named threads and 46 total threads with 3 sets of task threads.
LogD3D12RHI: Aftermath initialized
LogD3D11RHI: Loaded GFSDK_Aftermath_Lib.x64.dll

So, I think it may be possible to do this by simply renaming the files post-build. I have post-build scripts already in place for my project, so I’ll just add the renaming process to that.

Hope this helps!!