How to access Niagara data interface vector field from outside the particle system?

Hi, I am trying to change the vector field that my Niagara particle system is sampling from a blueprint or c++.

Here are some pictures of what I am referring to:
Screenshot 2023-07-17 115845
Screenshot 2023-07-17 115928

I have defined a user-exposed vector field parameter under the data interface category and now I would like to find a way to change this programmatically. I am quite new to Unreal Engine and I don’t know how to achieve this. Any help would be appreciated!

Can help this?
How can I change Niagara variables via blueprint?

Thank you for answering! The issue here is that the only parameter types supported here are (Actor, Bool, Float, Int32, Linear Color, Quaternion, Vector 2, Vector 3 and Vector 4) as pointed out in the solution to the post that you linked. The type of my parameter is Vector Field which is not supported by these built-in functions at least directly.

Any ideas, anyone?

Solved it. There is a node called Set Niagara System Asset which indeed is a built in function to acheive exactly this. However, I find the name a little misleading and didn’t think of looking in to it before :smiley: Well if anyone has the same problem in the future, here is the solution!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.