How should I send a level to Classmates?

Hello!

I’m trying to send a Level with a textured landscape and lighting to some classmates for an animation project using Unreal 5. I’ve tried sending them the level itself as an obj/fbx with no luck, I’ve since been told by professors I should be migrating the level but when doing a test on another level for myself before sending it out I notice migration doesn’t actually send anything over. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be sending this level a different way to my classmates? Thank you!

Basically you need to package the level. That can vary between pretty easy, and darn near impossible, depending on many things.

Okay, thank you so much!! So they will be able to edit it once I package it and send it to them then??

No. Only play it.

If they want to be able to edit it, they also need the whole engine installed :slight_smile:

They both have unreal engine as well, I just needed to be able to send it to them so that they have a copy to be able to edit and do their animations with! Anyway to do that then? Or would this still work?

You could create empty project. Migrate your level to that project content folder and send that entire empty project to someone else. Than they can open that project and migrate the level to their projects.

2 Likes

Okay awesome, I’ll try that! Thank you!

1 Like

Keep in mind that whatever changes they make on the level is just on that project. Changes don’t merge if you migrate from one project to another, they copy the entire level. You would need a github or similar source control solution to do that.

2 Likes