How should I go about setting up this snapping system?

I have a system where I have blocks that snap onto a given point. However, whenever the block snaps, it snaps using the center of the block, which is not good as I am trying to place a rectangular block, in a square-based grid. I have divided the rectangle into squares already. How do I tell the block to snap in position based off of the points I have created in its actor blueprint? To make it more clear what I want, I want to recreate the snapping system which can be found in Crossout. I do not need the fancy overlay, I just want the snapping system. If anybody could give me some ideas on how to achieve this I would greatly appreciate it.

Put sockets on the blocks :slight_smile:

Can you do this from the actor menu with static meshes? I don’t have a skeleton mesh set up for any blocks.

I’m assuming object A does snap to the socket on object B, but object A is still putting it’s pivot point on that socket?

I’m no BP socket snapping expert, but I do believe the solution is to offset the sockets to avoid this problem.

I managed to add sockets onto the meshes but they do the same thing as I already have setup. Is it possible perhaps to connect sockets between two different meshes? Or can I only have it teleport to the center of the object?