How should I go about setting up a bow for a marketplace asset pack?

Hi,
I’ve recently started selling asset packs on the marketplace, I’ve decided to add a bow and a sling to the pack but I’m getting a bit caught up on how they should be animated to work with anyone’s animations. I’ll ask the question in relation to bow because I figure it’ll be the same for the sling, this is just a lil more generic.
At the moment my plan is to just include draw, fire and draw loop animations and the IK rig in a .blend file so the user can sync it to their own animations relatively easily.

Am I going about this the best way or should I look into another method of setting it up?

Hello!

I think it will depend from creator to creator how they make their asset pack, surely there is some way to make a configurable IK from Unreal, but don’t feel obligated to comply with that.

As a consumer, I would expect to have a .fbx of all the animations and also the source file (in this case the .blend) and if it’s configured using IK, so I can fit it to my model, I would be very grateful!

Just remember to specify in the description what format everything is in, to avoid confusions.

Thanks, I’m actually just done with working this out, I ended up using blendspaces to set the bows draw distance and then driving them with the distance between the characters hands. There’s then an IK setup to place the right hand on the string socket. It’s likely not an ideal solution but it’s worked for all the animations I’ve been able to try and means a user should just have to do initial setup on their character and place some animnotifies on the animations to let the bow know which animation to play.

Hi there,
Take a look at advanced locomotion system which includes bow mechanics with assets and animations. Hope that helps.