How save is my Content in a packaged Projekt

Hi everyone,

i am not sure if this is the right place ^^
I was wondering about how save my content is in a default packaged PC Project. Could my Meshes and Textures be extracted or is it really hard to get something out of a Packaged Project ?

Cheers
Dominic

Not save, always a way to rip assets.
Not UE specific.
:slight_smile:

Hate to say it but it’s pretty irrelevant how good the encryption is in the packaged files as someone could just run your game and rip the models and textures out that way. Not really allowed to discuss ripping content so I won’t go into to much detail but basically there’s plenty of software about that hooks into DirectX and extracts the models and textures whilst the game is running. I believe it rips them from the DirectX buffer, that might be oversimplifying it a bit but you get the idea :slight_smile:

Hm… thanks for the information.

I wouldn’t really worry to much there’s not alot you can do about it, not even the big games companies have a way to stop it, a quick google search and you’ll find pretty much any model from any game available to download, the new EA Battlefront got ripped in the beta stage and you can even get the sound fx and music files from it…erm…so I’ve been told…