How put a Select node with Linear Color list - into a Component to call that list of colors?

UE4.27
I have a Select Node with a list of Linear Colors (that I keep adding to/editing as I make changes).
Yet this [same list of colors] is referenced in many actors. Thus [instead of copying the new list in each actor as it changes,] I want to make 1 list/Component that I can put in each Actor, and pull the same [color list].

So how do I put this Select Node into a Component (part in yellow box), and how to call the full list by Actor code (parts in teal boxes)?

• (Im not sure how to use a CastTo, without having to pull off 19 options - I dont want to do that. I only want the Actor BP to access the Input and Output from the Component. Thus each Actor doesnt need to edit the Color list - I only need to edit the list in Component once.)
  • (Also I prefer to use the Select node to edit the colors, because it’s easier to see than putting a Linear color # value in a DT. This is why Im using the Select Node; then putting the Int of the Color to call - in a DT.)
    Ty

You could use the blueprint function library in this case.

1. Create a library

1. Add your function

1. Access this from any actor or component in your project

I hope it’ll be helpful to you.

My Products

2 Likes

Thanks! - for the steps and detailed pics. This is exactly what I needed; and my first Function setup tutorial, will solve a lot of problems for me (ways to avoid CastTo).

1. You look like a color pro, another question: What do you know about this color haxing and if there’s any Cons of using it? (E.g. it won’t stick after Compile game project?)
  • I have Blue colored textures (white base x Blue linear color). But my game lighting will have normal and dark lighting.

• Thus I want the blue to always been seen easier in darkness (lack of lighting), without changing Emission. Thus in the color code, I multiply the Vibrance to 4 instead of default 1.

• The Engine displays this as Blue with light streaks; and in game it seems to make the Blue brighter even in dark-lit maps.

• But back in the Editor, if I copy a Boosted Hex color, and paste it in a new variable, the same hex looses its Vibrance boost (minor setback, I can manually recreate the increased R, G, B percentages that equal the total V boost/same Hue).

• But is there any other Con to hacking the colors like this? The boost sometimes gets reset in the Editor if I click the color box, then click cancel > it turns into a normal Blue.

1. PS 2: What program do you use to make your arrow annotations? They look cleaner. Ty :slight_smile:
  1. Perhaps the post-process will help you.

2. I use Lightshot.

1 Like