How Long for New User to Not be Constantly Moderated?

Hi all,

Does anyone know how this place is moderated? I have been registered on here for a while although only really started posting a week ago. It’s now been 7 days and still everytime I add a comment/reply it goes off for moderation - and still none of those replies from a week ago have actually appeared yet.

This is really is incredibly difficult to use, I currently have no way to thank anyone who has replied to my questions, or to clarify anything they have suggested or ask further questions within the same topic - well - technically I do - but they don’t appear.

Is there actually a “moderator” here, or is it all automated? Does anyone know what the duration for a new user to get the ability to reply actually is? Is it based on a period of time, or a number of posts?

I tried answering a question for someone earlier today too and that has got held up too, excuse the pun, but this is kinda unreal…

I’m all for a anti-spam policy/process, but this feels like its gone utterly too far.

I came here because the UE4 forums seemed to have dried up and this was suggested as a better place to ask questions, and I don’t doubt the know-how of those who are here - but I currently lack the ability to engage within this community.

All of my comments/replies have been polite, courteous, respectful and within bad language.

Is there anyone I can actually reach out to / contact about this?

Thanks in advance for any help/support - and apologies in advance if I am unable to say thank you to you directly for your replies :frowning:

If I’m not mistaken, there is/was a karma gate (at 25pts) after which the comments are no longer moderated. I might be wrong, though. I’ve upvoted all your questions so you’re now sitting pretty at 41, hope it helps. Probably does not. But who knows!

Hi,

Thank you for the info, a “Karma Gate” - hehe, sound political! :slight_smile:

I did wonder where my Karma suddenly came from, thank you for your attempts to help me with this. Let’s see if this comment just appears without moderation.

A load of my previous ones appeared after 10 days, but then today I responded to you on one of my other questions and it didn’t appear.

Fingers crossed, and thanks again :slight_smile:

So, turns out no, unless the Karma gate is higher now… I got a message at the top of the screen again saying that my comment was off for moderation.

This really is frustrating. It’s intent is good, but its a huge block to getting any new people in to the community. I would imagine that most people post when they get stuck and need help, so having to wait in excess of 10 days is a huge block to getting those answers, having their communication with other people in the community and being able to participate.

I don’t think I’ve ever used a forum-esq solution that was so aggressively moderated. I’m guessing it’s probably just one person who’s massively over-worked looking at thousands of posts to see if they are ok to push through too - somewhat of a thankless task I’m sure. (so if you’re reading, thank you).