Download

How is World Browser / World Composition Support for multiplayer games?

So how i understand World Composition tool is that it makes it possible to have large seemles worlds.
Where tiles of map the player is on is streamed in and “old” maps streamd out.
This makes it possible to have large open worlds that player can move betwen the map tiles.
With out any noticable loading time.

I guess it be good mesior to ask if this is actualy correct?

Now on the doc page it says

The two first options don`t seem viable for small teams trying to make open world games.
So by disabeling World Origin shifting do this in essence remove the limit on world bounds?
Will physics beave as usual, is there some things that will not work with this solution?

Am afraid I don`t know how to ask this qustion in a less generic way.
So I will sum it up with how is support for multiplayer, are there some draw backs or limitations we must be aware of?

Thanks for reading
WCode.

the ultimate solution for me: don’t make your world bigger than the regular grid (so you don’t use world origin shifting at all) which at the moment is 5km x 5km, but if everything turns out alright will be increased to 10km x 10km in UE4 4.6
frankly unless you’re making an MMO you’ll have a hard time filling a 10x10km world with content relevant to multiplayer, since in multiplayer you expect players to interact with eachother so the ‘simultaneous playable area’ turns out to be smaller than a singleplayer game where the player is expected to roam freely on his own

We have increased world bounds in 4.6 version to 20x20km. So you can have quite big worlds with disabled world origin rebasing.

20x20km yes, well that chanegs everything IMO. :smiley:
Cheers!