How is the status of AMD R9 300 series at the moment?

Hi. We are planning to use Unreal 4 in our university so we have to buy new computers. We do not have much money for this project and because of some supplier restrictions the best option we have are machines with AMD R9 370 graphics card. I know this is not a wonderful card, but is it working with Unreal 4? I have seen a lot of complains about crashes in Unreal Engine 4 when using AMD R9 300 series. Could someone please give an update? Are the drivers problems solved? Are there people using AMD R9 300 cards with success?
Thank you a lot for the help.

Manuel.

I’m using a R9 390 and have no problems with UE4 at the moment.

The only problem I see with the R9 370 is that it’s not really powerful, but in a university you are also probably not building games with AAA graphics so it should be fine :slight_smile:

Thank’s a lot for the help John :slight_smile:

We have two 390s in the office and they’re okay. We’ve had some problems with crashes due to drivers though that seems to be less of an issue at the moment, but more importantly they are quite noticeably outperformed by the machines with GTX970s, especially in VR.

Yes, I prefer NVIDIA, my laptop has a GTX 960M and works very well for its price.
But for the new PCs I have only two options:
NVIDIA GEFORCE® GTX 745 4GB, DDR3
AMD RADEON™ HD R9 370 4GB, GDDR5
(I know, not awesome options)
I this case I think the best option is the AMD R9.
Thanks for the help.