I have a few questions about Unreal Engine and how Epic has benefited from the open source community. That said I am not sure about what to label this as so I am putting this under community. I hope that this is OK.
- How much money has Epic games saved (Ballpark figure of course) by making the source code available to everyone?
- Unreal Engine has thousands of new pull requests a month. How many of these pull requests are new features opposed to just general fixes?
- Would you encourage other companies to open source their game engines? If so why?
- What are some of the Pros/Cons that the team at Epic Games has run into since making the source code of Unreal 4 available for all?
- Would some one at Epic be willing to to do a detailed write up on this?