How does the purchasing policy?

Hey guys,I need a answer quickly.I heard of some friends about the purchasing policy of Unreal Engine 4(UE4) that when you pay one month and don’t pay the others,you will have the UE4 original,but you will not receive monthly updates.Are they correct?

yes they are correct, you can subscribe pay the first month then cancel and still use the version you have but you wont get updates or have access to the marketplace.

Thanks for your answer,mate.So,if I produce a game with a “older version” could I have a profit,like sell my game around 15 dollars or the UE4 is like CE3(cryengine 3)?

Because I know how world of cryengine works,but unreal? I’m a noob,man!

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

You will be able to release your game using the version you downloaded, if you subscribe for a month you can download the latest version of the engine and use it forever after the subscription runs out. you can also re-subscribe for a month later on to get the latest version if needed.

The only thing you lose without a subscription is access to the latest updates (from the launcher and GitHub), you can still access the Marketplace and release your game’s no problem.

Once you release your game you only pay the 5% royalty on earnings over $3000 per quarter (so you can potentially earn up to $12,000 in a single year without paying any royalties), payments are due on a quarterly basis.

For more info on see the FAQ here: Häufig gestellte Fragen - Unreal Engine

Thanks a lot.No more questions:D :o