How do you properly setup Tiled Landscapes?

I have referenced this page many times, I have no issue with importing.

This has been the common issue that I think people are not understanding.

From world machine when you export the tiled landscape you get:
2Fcdxzp.png

Then you import those as levels. I get all of that.

If you refer to my original image at the top you will see that when I manually highlight all the tiled and load them it puts the LandscapeStreamingProxy and LevelBounds in the project that you see to the right.

I’m think maybe I just need to make a video of what happens…

I think you need to re-read what RyanB posted.

Loading the levels in the Levels panel does nothing more than load the levels to view them in the editor. When you click play, they wont load as you haven’t set a streaming distance for them.

In the levels panel, click the button which opens the world composition panel. First create a layer, then select all the levels, right click, and assign to your new layer.
Your streaming distance will vary depending on how big your tiles are. If they are roughly 1km across, set your streaming distance to 4-5km (500,000) to see the difference.

It makes no difference whether you import the levels with World Machine or not. A level in UE is just a level like any other level. They still need to be told how to stream in.

Thanks for the replies Ryan and ! I’ll give the documentation another read thru.

Sorry , but I’m currently having this problem with 4.22. I have enabled HLOD’s , generated LOD’s for all of my tiles, set them all on a streaming layer in World Composition with 200,000 distance setting. Yet, when I still play the game, I have tiles not displaying even though the editor window says they are loaded in. I’ve been stuck on this problem for a few days now.