How do you hide the control rig in sequencer?

Hi,

I’m using the control rig in sequencer but can’t quite work out how to hide the control rig after adding the metahuman as a track - pressing the key ‘G’ hides camers, lights, etc. but not the control rig.

Thanks

So I’m not sure how to hide the control rig stuff exactly. But I’ve might of found a way to “effectively” hide it by basically saving and closing your sequence and then opening it up again.

The control rig stuff might only show up when the MetaHuman is selected. So you could select something else in the sequence to make the control rig go away; but if the MetaHuman is the only thing in your sequence, then I don’t know how to unselect it exactly. But it seems when you close and reopen the sequence, the sequence seems to open with nothing selected/highlighted.

This works for me, but I am a very basic engine user that hardly knows what he’s doing, and I don’t know what you were intending to do with the Control Rig. I’m not even using the sequencer to make animations or anything like that. I was just using the sequencer as a way to get at the Facial Rig for MetaHumans. Basically the only thing I’ve been doing is examining the MetaHuman presets inside Unreal Engine, manipulating their faces with the Facial Rig, and then taking screenshots of the result. (Basically I’m trying to say I really don’t know very much, but I hope what little help I was able to provide helped in some way. >_< )

3 Likes

If you have the control rig visible in Sequencer, you can go to the upper left Animation panel tab. (Where your Place Actors panel is)
Expand the animation tab and click on Hide Manipulators to turn the visibility for the control rig for face and body on and off.

7 Likes

Thanks, that helps! :slight_smile: I don’t know how I missed that setting in there. Guess I just didn’t realize the in world controls were called Manipulators. I wasn’t able to get the facial manipulators to work anyway (Been using the controls in the animation tab.), so it’s great to be able to hide them.

1 Like

Here’s a whole video on using the facial rig. Using the MetaHuman Facial Rig in UE | Unreal Engine - YouTube

2 Likes

Well, that worked for me. :slight_smile:

hi, when i put the metahuman in the sequencer, show the manipulators of face and controls of body, but when i play, it is hidden, i am looking the track “Hide the Control Shapes” no exist, and i need it always enable, also when is not in sequencer, some help? thanks