How do you detect when the player stops colliding with an object?

Essentially what I am trying to do is create a system where Unreal will detect the player impacting with an object and play a sound once.

If the player moves away from the object and then collides with it again, the sound should play again. I can’t seem to find any way to detect when the player stops colliding with something other than possibly a trigger. Is there a more straight forward way to solve this issue?

The image below shows what I currently have been able to get working and the print string will eventually be replaced with a play audio node with the relevant sound effect.

You can add a sphere collision to your character and make use of it event BeginOverlap to trigger a sound effect.

Sorry for the late reply, but this worked perfectly for me. Just a heads up for anyone who finds this thread and has a problem with the trigger not triggering, make sure the objects you want to trigger, have “Generate Overlap Events” ticked under collision.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.