How do you delete things in UE4?

I’m just learning UE4, so I’m doing tutorials several times, for practice.
I found that anything I delete, is not really deleted.
to be clear, I have only 4 items in my file. A platform, the FPS control, a box, and the box AI.
If I create a blueprint called “BoxAI” and then delete it, and try to make a new one, it will not let me name it BoxAI.
If I create a custom Event, then delete the event, and the “timer by function Name” attached to it, I can not create a new Custom event with the same name. Textures are the same. I can delete a texture called WallTex, but then when I create a new one, that is more refined, I can not name it WallTex. It will remember that I had that before.
This is like resetting my password on payPal “Can not use a previously use password”.

As for assets, BPs, and so on, I recommend after deletion to execute “Fix Up Redirectors in Folder”. If that doesn’t work, then check the folder in the explorer for any extra files and delete them.

As for duplicated events and other nodes, did you compiled the BP after deleting olders nodes and before inserting new ones?

The redirector fixing is a great tip!

I can delete a texture called WallTex,
but then when I create a new one, that
is more refined, I can not name it
WallTex

That’s because everything has its own internal name on top of a friendly name you see. My personal pet peeve is trying to rename a mistyped ‘BordEr’ to ‘Border’.

Yeah good luck with that…