How do you create a backup in case you restore pc, change pc etc.

Hey there!

I need help creating a backup for a project, if I just copy a hole folder that should do it? In case is that, does it sync with fortnite to make new versions etc like is it sync?

Github Desktop is an easy tool to use for this, though I’m not sure how that works in relation to Fortnite. Look into version control systems.

Hey @Gelurino!

Check out this documentation on setting up version control for your project. This goes over how to set up your backups using Github, Perforce, etc.

I hope the above is the solution you were looking for!

I went for the document but it goes mostly on how to setup for sharing with teams, could you tell me in what document is the way to make backups using Github?

Thanks!

Hey @Gelurino,

if you need a step by step for github specifically, check out this non-Epic affiliated tutorial:

Let me know if this works for you!

(post deleted by author)

Thanks, but this video is about using it for a team purpose etc not really a backup

Hey @Gelurino,

Pushing to your repository stores a backup that you have access to. Pulling with download that backup when you need it. One advantage of the repository is that you can add collaborators, but that is a completely optional step, and right after that in the video is how you push and pull changes, which is how you pull your back up. This method allows you to use version control and pull specific versions of your project.

Let me know if that is what you needed or if you were looking for something else.