How do you correct duplicate GUID warnings resulting from .umap Save as

I have an existing map with extensive level blueprint/matinee/camera set ups I wish to use a template for further maps. However when I use “Save as…” with this map, our project now generates a huge spam of these types of warnings:

UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.11.24-17.06.10:064][ 0]LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Guid is in use by ArrowComponent /Game/Maps/Levels/Laundromat.Laundromat:PersistentLevel.BG_StandingWithDrink01.Arrow and ArrowComponent /Game/Maps/Levels/Slaughterhouse.Slaughterhouse:PersistentLevel.BG_StandingWithDrink01.Arrow, which should never happen in the editor but could happen at runtime with duplicate level loading or PIE

We’re also seeing this warning but we’re on 4.10.

We’re seeing this warning on 4.10 as well, when running the “Compile Blueprints” automation tests. Many of our blueprints complain that their subcomponents have Guids that are already in use.

I’m now getting this after updating to 4.12.0.

Up vote. Have this on almost every component when recompiling C++ code. This resets all my component settings on every actor.

Did you find any workaround for this ? I reported this issue that occurs after hot reload here: Hot-reload Re-instancing prints a warning and sometimes loses instance data 4.13P3 - Programming & Scripting - Unreal Engine Forums

It doesn’t really count as a workaround, but I ended up having to copy/paste all the stuff from one level into a new level and rebuild lots of blueprint.

No, I didn’t :frowning:

I think that something that could work here is to make blueprint derived from the class. Didn’t get such problems with blueprints yet.

Were you ever able to find a solution to this?

No elegant, quick solution. I ended up doing what I described in the previous post from last August, which involved copy/pasting all the offending content and re-linking references in the level blueprints.

Im having a similar issue with GUID for WorldDataLayers. And really need a workaround.