How do you connect a Blueprint to a Static Mesh?

Hi,
I connected it via the BP, will the BP auto play, as the destroy commands are not working?

Thanks
Will

1 Like

Hey @will108

If you place this blueprint in a level inside your editor and press play, this blueprint should be destroyed. EventBeginPlay will be executed on BeginPlay, so when you press Play.

• What are you trying to achieve?
  • What have you done already?
  • What happens if you press play?
  • Did you place the blueprint in your level?
  • Do you just want to have a zombie in your map?
  • What do you want to do with the AddStaticMeshComponent? I am asking because I think you don’t need it.

Please tell us a little bit more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

By default, Blueprints in Unreal Engine do not automatically play when the game or simulation starts. You need to explicitly trigger the execution of the Blueprint, typically through an event or a function call.

If you have connected the Blueprint to your level or game, you will need to provide a way to activate the Blueprint’s functionality. This could be done by placing an instance of the Blueprint in the level and setting up the necessary triggers or events to initiate its execution.

Regarding the issue with the destroy commands not working, it’s difficult to pinpoint the exact cause without more specific information. However, here are a few suggestions to help troubleshoot the problem:

1. Ensure the destroy command is correctly implemented: Double-check the Blueprint nodes responsible for destroying the desired actor or component. Make sure the correct references are being used and that the destroy commands are being called at the appropriate times.
  2. Verify the execution flow: Trace the flow of execution within the Blueprint to ensure that the destroy commands are being reached and executed as expected. Use print statements or debugging tools to check if the execution reaches the destroy nodes.
  3. Check for any conditions or restrictions: Confirm if there are any conditions, such as boolean checks or variable values, that could be preventing the destroy commands from executing. Make sure these conditions are properly set and evaluated.
  4. Examine collision settings: If the destroy commands are related to collision events, ensure that the collision settings are properly configured for the actors or components involved. Check collision channels, collision responses, and any relevant overlap or collision events.
1 Like

Super, thanks guys, yep I right clicked and created a BP from a SM, and thought the 2 were joined, they are not!
All I have to do was drag the new instance in the main game window!
What an idiot.
Thanks again
Will

2 Likes

Congratulations!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.