How do you change or rename the value's name or channels name (RGB) in the Expression Vector Parameter node in Material Editor?

Hi, does anyone know how to rename the names of RGB channels just like in this video showed? [UE4/UE5] TIPS - Advanced Ambient Occlusion Controls - YouTube

As you can see it said Black Grey White on those three channels, how it is possible for the name can be changed like this?
Please, It will be very helpful if someone can share the knowledge on how to do it, thanks.

If the node is a parameter, in the details panel you should be able to select each channel and name it. To make an able node into a parameter you need to right-click on the node and simply turn it into a parameter.

You can also spawn nodes as a parameter from the get go.

Thanks for the replay, I am sorry I could not see it in the details panel on how to change the name of each channel as you can see in the picture. When I click them it doesn’t do anything and when I Right-click the mouse it shows copy and paste.

I am using 4.23 now, do you think there is something to do with that?

Hi Crusenho,

If it was there in 4.23 it would be right at the bottom of the details panel - here it is in 4.25 but that’s the earliest version I have installed…

1 Like